Caravan residents, shared tenants can apply for Back Home grants

ABOVE: The caravan park in Broadwater after the floods. Photo: Susanna Freymark

Getting back into your home after the floods is vital.

The State Government’s Back Home Grants have been expanded to take in the different living circumstances of those impacted by the floods.

The Back Home Grants now allow residents of caravan parks, retirement villages and multiple tenancies to apply for support to restore properties.

State MP Janelle Saffin said the change was a much better refection of the reality on the ground for so many flood affected people.

Changes to the Back Home grant guidelines mean that:

• Permanent residents of caravan parks and retirement villages who own their dwellings, fixed or movable, can apply for the $20,000 owner-occupier grant

• Tenants with a lease for a dwelling on the same land as another eligible dwelling can apply for a $5000 tenants’ grant

• Tenants with a lease agreement in a dwelling that has been divided into self-contained residences , but not through a formal strata or subdivision process, will be able to apply for the $5,000 tenants’ grant

Changes to the Back Home Grant guidelines include the LGAs of the Clarence Valley, Kyogle, Richmond Valley and Lismore

For information visit here or call 13 77 88.

Welcome to Richmond Valley and Kyogle news

Scroll to Top
Like an alert when we add a story? Yes please No thanks