Skip to content
The Northern Rivers Country Festival scheduled to be held in Lismore this weekend has been postponed.
Organisers said it was a difficult decision.
“For the safety of everyone involved and the welfare of our livestock, it’s in everyone’s best interest,” organiser Janaya Everingham said.
“If you have purchased tickets, we will carry these over to the next event date.”
A new date for the event will be announced soon.
Kyogle Bazaar has been hit by the rain too and this weekend’s bazaar is cancelled,
The bazaar was going to be a special one this month with the Wildlife Twins booked to appear.
Richmond Valley Council Big Conversation drop-in session scheduled for last night at Evans Head was cancelled.
The discussion has been rescheduled for Wednesday, March 2 at Evans Head.
Other opportunities for residents to have their say in The Big Conversation are:
• March 1: Pop-up information stalls at Coraki Memorial Park opposite the Spar form 10am-3pm
• March 2: Woodburn Visitor Information Centre 10am-3pm
• March 3: Broadwater Memorial Park from 10am-2pm.
• March 8: Pop-up information stalls in the Woolworths Shopping Plaza from 10am-2pm
• March 10: Outside Coles from 10am-2pm
• March 26: Information on display during Casino Beef Feast
• March 31: Information provided by RVC representative during the mobile library’s visit to Leeville, Rappville and Whiporie
• April 24 and May 1: Pop-up information stalls at rugby league home games
Residents can also complete the online survey.