This is the question on the ballot paper you are voting on in the Voice to Parliament referendum.
A Proposed Law: to alter the Constitution to recognise the First Peoples of Australia by establishing an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice.
Do you approve this proposed alteration?
Voters will be asked to vote Yes or No and must write a clear Yes or No on the ballot paper.
If you are eligible to vote early in the Voice to Parliament referendum, a polling place opens in Casino tomorrow, Saturday, October 7.
Vote early at Casino Community and Cultural Centre, 35 Walker St.
Here are the opening times:
Saturday, October 7: 9am-4pm
Monday, October 9 to Thursday, October 12: 8.30am-5.30pm
Friday, October 13: 8.30am-6pm
You must have a reason to vote early in person at Casino or at another early voting place in Lismore, Grafton or Ballina.
You can vote early if you:
- are outside the electorate where you are enrolled to vote
- are more than 8km from a polling place
- are travelling
- are unable to leave your workplace to vote on voting day
- are seriously ill, infirm or due to give birth shortly (or caring for someone who is)
- are a patient in hospital and can’t vote at the hospital
- have religious beliefs that prevent you from attending a polling place
- are in prison serving a sentence of less than three years or otherwise detained
- are a silent elector
- have a reasonable fear for your safety or wellbeing
Click here to see the places to vote on October 14.