Firefighters douse shed fire then called back when heat transfer ignites mattress

Photos: Casino Rural Fire Brigade.

Firefighters attended a shed fire on Sextonville Road, Casino in the early hours of today, Sunday, June 9.

When the Casino Rural Fire Brigade crew arrived, a large shed was alight. The Fire and Rescue Pumper 253 was setting up hose lines to protect buildings nearby.

Crews worked for several hours to bring the shed fire under control.

It took until 4am to extinguish the fire.

The shed was wrecked by the fire.

The Casino crew returned at 9.30am to check the shed and extinguish the remaining hot spots inside the structure.

At 10. 40am the Casino crew returned to the property adjoining the shed because the heat transfer through the tin from the burned shed had caused a mattress to catch fire.

Eventually, the shed fire was put out without further incident.

On the scene was Fire and Rescue Casino, Hazmat from Goonellabah, Woodview RFS, Mummulgum RFS, Kyogle RFS, police and ambulance.

Casino RFS crew at Sextonville Road, Casino. Photos: Contributed

This information was provided by emergency services.

Welcome to Richmond Valley and Kyogle news

Install
×
Scroll to Top
Like an alert when we add a story? Yes please No thanks