History groups have some leads about where the 1937 statutes that graced the El Gronda arcade could be.
The Casino Historical Society and the Family Research Group have been trying to find out what happened to the bronze statues.
This is what they know.
Research showed that the urns, plants and statues were removed from in front of the El Gronda in November 1967 to allow for the building of the arcade and shops.
The statues were stored in the theatre until a decision was made as what to do with them.
There the trail runs cold and no one is quite sure what happened next.
Information given to the history group was that the two statues were sold for $17,500 for the pair, to a Greek Antique Dealer in Oxford Street in Sydney.
One of the lights on one statue had a crack, which was repaired and possibly sold to a horse stud in the Hunter River Area.
The other statue went to Coffs Harbour.
All of this information cannot be verified. But it is something.
Anyone with information. please contact us. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the original story.