185g butter, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 cup raspberry jam
1 packet of white and pink marshmallows, halved
200g plain chocolate
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 3cm deep 16cm by 26cm slice pan and line with baking paper extending edges.
- Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy then add flour and stir until a dough comes together. Press mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20mins until golden.
- Spread warm base with the jam then cover with alternate coloured halved marshmallows cut side down. Bake for 4 mins then remove from the oven and press down the softened marshmallows to a level surface. Cool in the tin.
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave safe jug. Microwave on 45 second intervals and mixing until chocolate has completely melted then add the oil and stir in.
- Pour the chocolate over the marshmallows and tap the pan to level the surface. Refrigerate for two hours or until set. Stand for 5mins at room temperature before cutting.
Recipe contributed by Debbie Reid from Kyogle CWA Evening Branch