The Feds want your input on how to be ready for the next disaster

The Commonwealth Government is running a review of how it deals with disasters.

Anyone who has been through natural disasters such as floods and bushfires can share their experiences as part of the Independent Review of Commonwealth Disaster Funding.

Public submissions opened last month and close at 10pm on Friday, July 14.

Former Australian Federal Police Commissioner Andrew Colvin is leading the review. He led national recovery efforts after the 2019-20 Black Summer Bushfires.

A final report is expected to be provided to the government in April.

Minister for Emergency Management Murray Watt said the review is to make sure the nation’s disaster funding model is current, effective and best supports people before, during and after a disaster.

 “Submissions have been open for a few weeks, but we want to make sure that everyone who wishes to contribute can do so – from councils to small business owners, primary producers and individuals,” Mr Watt said.

To give feedback and ask questions about the public submissions visit the National Emergency Management Agency.

Scroll to Top
Like an alert when we add a story? Yes please No thanks

Welcome to Richmond Valley and Kyogle news

Install
×