ABOVE: Water on the road. If it affected your business, apply for a grant. Photo: Jean Osanz
If you’re a small business or a not-for-profit organisation and you’ve been directly impacted by storms and floods since November 9, 2021, you could be eligible for a storm and flood disaster recovery small business grant.
The disaster recovery grant of up to $50,000 is to help pay for the costs of clean-up and reinstatement of a small business or not-for-profit organisation’s operations.
You must be a small business or primary producer in Richmond Valley, Kyogle or Lismore area.
Service NSW will assess your application.
Covered costs could include, but are not limited to:
- payment for tradespeople to conduct safety inspections
- equipment and materials required for cleaning up
- equipment and materials essential for immediately resuming operations
- payment for a cleaner if the service would not have been needed, or exceeds ordinary cleaning costs
- the removal and disposal of debris, damaged materials or damaged stock
- repairing premises and internal fittings
- leasing temporary premises, replacing or repair of motor vehicles, or replacing lost or damaged stock, if it’s essential for resuming operations.